Tribal Rugs Dallas
Find the finest handmade Tribal rugs in our family store in Dallas, Texas. We provide you with a selection of 19th and 20th century, vintage, antique and modern Tribal rugs, coming in a variety of sizes, colors, and designs. Our in-store services include trade, appraisal, consultation, restoration, and cleaning at the best price in the market. Call us now for more information.
What is a Tribal rug?
Tribal rugs are carpets that were generally woven by nomadic or semi-nomadic tribal weavers. The tribal people most often associated with weaving rugs are the Turkmen, the Belouch, the Kurds, the Qashqai just to name a few. As opposed to the curvilinear and floral motifs of “city” rugs, authentic Tribal rugs are mostly recognizable by their more geometric motifs. However, a typical Tribal rug is often seen to be built up of many repetitive motifs in a given field with different combinations of colors.
Only the most skilled Western tribes seem to have developed the complex knotted pile technique. Natural wool has been used to create felts for tents and flat woven clothes throughout Central Asia..
We are proud to offer you a wide selection of handwoven Tribal rugs coming from Afghanistan, Armenia, Caucasian Mountains, Persia, Turkey and more. All our Tribal rugs are one-of-a-kind and unique to you. Our collections of authentic Tribal rugs are coming in a variety of styles, sizes, and designs.
Other than selling Tribal rugs, our experienced team offers a complete set of services.
- Trade: Our shop buys, trades and sells antique rugs. All you have to do is send us your images and/ or requests. Change of space or design, you will get full trade in credit on any antique rug in the future, minus any devaluation from wear or damage.
- Appraisal: You have an antique oriental carpet at home, but you have no idea what its worth is? Our team can organize professional documentation, for example, for insurance companies, or for family heirlooms.
- Consulting: If you wish to add a genuine handmade oriental rug to your decor, we recommend the design advice of our highly-trusted network of designer friends. Regarding the appreciation of the woven art, we are happy to start the dialogue.
- Restoration: We consider this service to be necessary for any antique or new oriental rug owners. We can either do it directly in your home or send bigger jobs to trusted professionals overseas. A proactive approach is best for long term preservation.
- Cleaning: Your oriental rug needs more than standard carpet cleaning. Our professional team handles oriental rug cleaning with expertise and great products. Your carpet will benefit from a deep cleaning that will remove all stubborn dirt and dust. Your oriental carpet will come back to you as good as new!
Why choose Nomad Looms for your Tribal rugs?
Since 1975, our family company has always put the emphasis on the customer and his needs. Each customer has different demands and we are always happy to meet their expectations with a premium quality Tribal rug, combined with an outstanding service.
Even if our team has acquired a considerable amount of knowledge about antique and modern Tribal rugs, they are always on the lookout for new information, history and trends to better advise you. We have gained a reputation for quality and integrity, in which we take pride. Much like the antique Tribal rugs that we sell, our expertise of understanding and recognizing quality luxury Tribal rugs have been passed down through the years.
In store, be assured that our team is there for you and will know how to advise you. Let your Nomad Loom visit become a treasure hunt to find the perfect Tribal rug.
Service Area in Texas
- Fort Worth
- Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area (DFW area)
- San Antonio
If you have questions about our Tribal rug selection, our services, or our prices, we invite you to contact us by phone or email. Our team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need. You can also stop by our Nomad Looms store in Dallas, Texas to see all these wonders with your own eyes!