Moroccan Rugs Dallas
Find the finest handmade Moroccan rugs in our family store in Dallas, Texas. We provide you with a selection of 19th and 20th century, vintage, antique and modern Moroccan rugs, coming in a variety of sizes, colors, and designs. Our in-store services include trade, appraisal, consultation, restoration, and cleaning at the best price in the market. Call us now for more information.
What is a Moroccan rug?
Authentic Moroccan carpets have been made by hand by the people in the Atlas mountains of Morocco for generations. Originally used as warm, comfy bed covers, the Morocco handwoven carpets are much plusher and softer than your average area Orientale rug. They are originally made with the wool of sheep kept at high elevations, that provides a thick warm fabric, in rich cream to beige tones.
Why should I buy a Moroccan rug?
- Moroccan rugs are classic yet trendy : Moroccan rugs are built to fit in any kind of decor, from the classic Victorian house to the industrial style loft. Their pattern tends to be more geometrical and can easily be installed on a wall as well as the floor.
- Moroccan rugs are surprisingly durable : It’s no surprise that these rugs have been around for so long. The natural fibers with which these carpets are made are extremely durable. Spills are quite easily cleaned when treated promptly. We wouldn’t recommend it in the entryway where muddy boots and shoes can be trampling it. But otherwise, they can really stand up to anything. Make sure you have your Morocco rug cleaned at least once a year.
- Moroccan rugs are a great investment: Like we have mentioned it earlier, Moroccan rugs tend to be durable; so much that they can be passed down as an heirloom to your children and so on. They also increase in value over time, as long as you take good care of them.
- Moroccan rugs work well with all colors and patterns: Whether you have classic style or contemporary style in your home, condo, or apartment, a Moroccan rug will fit with any style. Its neutral hue and more subtle pattern work well with bright or subtle colors, florals, stripes, geometric prints and anything else you can come up with.
- Moroccan rugs have one-of-a-kind designs: Since authentic Moroccan rugs are loomed by hand, each of them is unique. They all have a slightly different color, pattern and shape, so that the Moroccan rug that you will get is unique to you and will greatly personalize your home.
Other than selling Moroccan rugs, our experienced team offers a complete set of services.
- Trade: Our shop buys, trades and sells antique rugs. All you have to do is send us your images and/ or requests. Change of space or design, you will get full trade in credit on any antique rug in the future, minus any devaluation from wear or damage.
- Appraisal: You have an antique oriental carpet at home, but you have no idea what its worth is? Our team can organize professional documentation, for example, for insurance companies, or for family heirlooms.
- Consulting: If you wish to add a genuine handmade oriental rug to your decor, we recommend the design advice of our highly-trusted network of designer friends. Regarding the appreciation of the woven art, we are happy to start the dialogue.
- Restoration: We consider this service to be necessary for any antique or new oriental rug owners. We can either do it directly in your home or send bigger jobs to trusted professionals overseas. A proactive approach is best for long term preservation.
- Cleaning: Your oriental rug needs more than standard carpet cleaning. Our professional team handles oriental rug cleaning with expertise and great products. Your carpet will benefit from a deep cleaning that will remove all stubborn dirt and dust. Your oriental carpet will come back to you as good as new!
Why choose Nomad Looms for your Moroccan rugs?
For over 40 years, our family company has always put the emphasis on the customer and his needs. Each of our clients has unique demands and we are always happy to meet their expectations with a Moroccan rug of the best quality, combined with an amazing service.
Although our team has acquired vast knowledge about authentic Moroccan rugs, they are always on the lookout for new information, history and trends to better advise you and find the perfect handmade for your home. We have gained a reputation for quality and integrity, in which we take pride. Much like the antique Morocco rugs that we sell, our expertise of understanding and recognizing quality luxury rugs have been passed down through the years.
In store, be assured that our team is there for you and will know how to advise you. Let your Nomad Loom visit become a treasure hunt to find a one-of-a-kind Moroccan rug.
Service Area in Texas
- Fort Worth
- Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area (DFW area)
- San Antonio
If you have questions about our Moroccan rug selection, our services, or our prices, we invite you to contact us by phone or email. Our team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need. You can also stop by our Nomad Looms store in Dallas, Texas to see all these wonders with your own eyes!