Kashan Rugs Dallas
Find the finest handmade Kashan rugs in our family store in Dallas, Texas. We provide you with a selection of 19th and 20th century, vintage, antique and modern Kashan rugs, coming in a variety of sizes, colors, and designs. Our in-store services include trade, appraisal, consultation, restoration, and cleaning at the best price in the market. Call us now for more information.
What is a Kashan rug?
The origins of the Kashan rug go back to a city that was the center of silk production since Safavid times (early 16th century), and some of the best authentic and classical Persian silk rugs have been attributed to Kashan. By the end of the 19th century, the weavers began producing high quality wool rugs and carpets as well, which perpetuated the high standards of design and technique established in the early times. The very best Kashan carpets are known as Mohtashem rugs.
How to recognize a Kashan rug?
- By the weaving technique: An authentic classic Kashan rug is woven using the asymmetric *Farsi knot. The first thing you must do when examining one of these pieces is to turn it over and look at the back. If the knots are asymmetrical, that is one of the indications that what you are looking at is a Kashan. * The Farsi knot is mostly used for finer rugs. The yarn is wrapped around only one warp, then passed behind the adjacent warp so that it divides the two ends of the yarn. The Farsi knot may open on the left or the right. Rugs woven with this knot are generally more accurate and symmetrical.*
By the material used: Most authentic Kashan rugs have a wool pile knotted on a cotton base. However, there can be a few variations, with some weavers using silk highlights in the pile. A few weavers also used all silk materials in creating their Kashan rugs but they are very rare.
The distinguishing feature of Kashan rugs is that they are always made using the highest quality materials. Older rugs were made using the softest merino wool imported from the UK. However, this was then replaced with wool from Sabzevar, an Iranian town known for producing premium quality wool.
- By the colors : Generally, Kashan rugs use deep rich variations of blue, red and cream. The fields are commonly made of red and ivory and the borders and medallions are mostly blue. There can be deviations from these color uses, resulting in a huge variety of Kashan rugs. You may find Kashans features browns, blacks and greens interspersed between the main colors.
- By design : Kashan rugs offer multiple variations in the way motifs and medallions are designed and placed in them. One of the most common designs is a bold, oval-shaped central medallion placed in the middle of the rug on a Shah Abbas field. You will be able to see the contrast between the bold medallion and the delicate curvilinear florals and tendrils of the Shah Abbas field that creates a stunning design.
Other than selling Kashan rugs, our experienced team offers a complete set of services.
- Trade: Our shop buys, trades and sells antique rugs. All you have to do is send us your images and/ or requests. Change of space or design, you will get full trade in credit on any antique rug in the future, minus any devaluation from wear or damage.
- Appraisal: You have an antique oriental carpet at home, but you have no idea what its worth is? Our team can organize professional documentation, for example, for insurance companies, or for family heirlooms.
- Consulting: If you wish to add a genuine handmade oriental rug to your decor, we recommend the design advice of our highly-trusted network of designer friends. Regarding the appreciation of the woven art, we are happy to start the dialogue.
- Restoration: We consider this service to be necessary for any antique or new oriental rug owners. We can either do it directly in your home or send bigger jobs to trusted professionals overseas. A proactive approach is best for long term preservation.
- Cleaning: Your oriental rug needs more than standard carpet cleaning. Our professional team handles oriental rug cleaning with expertise and great products. Your carpet will benefit from a deep cleaning that will remove all stubborn dirt and dust. Your oriental carpet will come back to you as good as new!
Why choose Nomad Looms for your Kashan rugs?
For over 40 years, our family company has always put the emphasis on the customer and his needs. Each client has unique demands and we are always happy to meet their expectations with a premium quality Kashan rug, combined with an amazing service.
Even if our team has acquired vast knowledge about authentic Kashan rugs, they are always on the lookout for new information, history and trends to better advise you. We have gained a reputation for quality and integrity, in which we take pride. Much like the antique Kashan rugs that we sell, our expertise of understanding and recognizing quality luxury rugs have been passed down through the years.
In store, be assured that our team is there for you and will know how to advise you. Let your Nomad Loom visit become a treasure hunt to find a unique Kashan rug.
Service Area in Texas
- Fort Worth
- Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area (DFW area)
- San Antonio
If you have questions about our Kashan rug selection, our services, or our prices, we invite you to contact us by phone or email. Our team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need. You can also stop by our Nomad Looms store in Dallas, Texas to see all these wonders with your own eyes!