Rug usage and style recommendations
As you begin to decorate your space, keep in mind that rugs complement furniture and will help create a certain aesthetic in order to implement a harmonious atmosphere in your living space. With careful thought and consideration, a rug with suitable qualities will bring life to your interior. Rug selection plays a vital role in complementing the feeling of comfort in your home. Determining style can be a tricky process but necessary. Attention to detail to high-foot traffic areas is important, as well as harmony with the furniture, color, and texture of the rugs.
depth and comfort. You can make choices that fully utilize the space and dimensions of your home. By being able to determine the appropriate rug size, it will provide integrity to the space.
Rug Usage Areas
When determining rug usage areas, you can consider the floor areas you use most in your home. Adding rugs can break the cold perception and create an effect of fullness in the regions that seem empty in your home. However, it is important to note that rug usage areas can vary based on certain areas of the house. You can choose rugs that are easier to clean in more active regions, such as wet or dry areas in your home. Areas such as kitchens and bathrooms are not only high foot traffic areas but also are prone to water exposure. Using appropriate textures will increase the durability of the rug. Don’t be afraid to use rugs in these areas after proper research; rugs used in common areas with hardwood or tiles floors will break the coldness beneath your feet and provide proper insulation.
Before you make the decision to buy a rug, you should keep in mind how it corresponds to the other rugs you already own or plan to buy. Each rug texture and pattern can vary, but how they match and suit each other is vital for harmony in your home. Conflicting themes can cause clashes in your design and may seem a bit too excessive.
What do Interior Designers recommend?
Depending on the inhabitant’s lifestyle in a home, a priority to keep in mind is the volume of dust, hair, and pollen the house can be prone to. It is possible to create certain perceptions with space because a rug can create an illusion of either an open or closed space. In terms of hygiene, the yarn type of the rug will help determine the cleaning needed. For example, polypropylene is mostly preferred outdoors while polyester is much more resistant to stains.
You can often choose double-sided rugs that provide ease of use. Double-sided models are especially suitable for children's rooms that get dirty quickly. At the same time, the preference for antibacterial rugs in children's and baby rooms is vital in terms of health.
On the other hand, Patchwork rugs will add elegance to living spaces with their colorful and patterned appearance. You can increase your visuality by pulling the most suitable rug for your room.
Other than selling Turkish Kilim rugs, our experienced team offers a complete set of services.
- Trade: Our shop buys, trades and sells antique rugs. All you have to do is send us your images and/ or requests. Change of space or design, you will get full trade in credit on any antique rug in the future, minus any devaluation from wear or damage.
- Appraisal: You have an antique oriental carpet at home, but you have no idea what its worth is? Our team can organize professional documentation, for example, for insurance companies, or for family heirlooms.
- Consulting: If you wish to add a genuine handmade oriental rug to your decor, we recommend the design advice of our highly-trusted network of designer friends. Regarding the appreciation of the woven art, we are happy to start the dialogue.
- Restoration: We consider this service to be necessary for any antique or new oriental rug owners. We can either do it directly in your home or send bigger jobs to trusted professionals overseas. A proactive approach is best for long term preservation.
- Cleaning: Your oriental rug needs more than standard carpet cleaning. Our professional team handles oriental rug cleaning with expertise and great products. Your carpet will benefit from a deep cleaning that will remove all stubborn dirt and dust. Your oriental carpet will come back to you as good as new!
Why choose Nomad Looms for your Turkish Kilim rugs?
For over 40 years, our family company has always put the emphasis on the customer and his needs. Each customer has different demands and we are always happy to meet their expectations with a high-quality Turkish Kilim rug, combined with an amazing service.
Even if our team has acquired a considerable amount of knowledge about antique and modern Turksih Kilim rugs, they are always on the lookout for new information, history and trends to better advise you. We have gained a reputation for quality and integrity, in which we take pride. Much like the antique Turkish Kilim rugs that we sell, our expertise of understanding and recognizing quality luxury rugs have been passed down through the years.
In store, be assured that our team is there for you and will know how to advise you. Let your Nomad Loom visit become a treasure hunt to find a unique Turkish Kilim rug.
Service Area in Texas
- Fort Worth
- Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area (DFW area)
- San Antonio
If you have questions about our Turkish Kilim rug selection, our services, or our prices, we invite you to contact us by phone or email. Our team will be happy to provide you with all the information you need. You can also stop by our Nomad Looms store in Dallas, Texas to see all these wonders with your own eyes!